Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mitt the Mormon

I have to say that it is kinda fun having a Mormon in the political realm of being famous...it sheds a little different light on (my) religion and I think it is a good thing....mostly. :) The NBC broadcast tonight, though at times I was cringing and upset about some footage they showed, I think it was mostly positive and interesting. I think that people will never understand certain aspects of the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints until their hearts are open and they ask Heavenly Father themselves if it is true. So I was not as offended as others might be about some of the topics shared on that NBC news program. I have to say that it was exciting to see that they dedicated their nightly news to "Mormons in America."
As a matter of fact I think I might vote for Mitt Romney. BC I think it is time for a Mormon President...I am sold!



;) Yeah right. 
 Here is a follow up article on the NBC "Mormon in America" show that I referenced in this post. It gives a little more insight into some of the Mormon people highlighted in the piece. I do agree with them in that even though I do NOT care what Romney does on Sunday...bc I know what he does...but I also don't care what Obama does on Sunday...I care how they run the United States of America....but I can set my political beliefs aside and acknowledge that the attention on the church can be a positive thing if the LDS people are willing to open up and not be easily offended by other people and their questions or misunderstandings of us and our religion. It can be a great "Mormon Moment," as the man in that article states. I embrace that part of the influence of Mitt Romney. :)
http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/23/13435345-mormon-in-america-latter-day-saints-on-2012-election-and-significance-of-romney-campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment