Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What the what!?

The Mitt Romney campaign was behind a bill that supports banning all abortions nationwide even for instances of rape and incest...so disappointed Romney! But unfortunately not surprised...he is just doing what the Republican bullies want him to do in order to win the election....fat chance...when you try to distance yourself from the Missouri Republican who made those outlandish statements I posted about earlier and then you support and even are said to have been the head of a bill banning women's rights on abortions nationwide...EVEN in the case of rape! I am sorry but if I was raped today and got pregnant from it, I would want the right to decide what to do. If my daughter was raped at a young age and impregnated I would want her to have that choice...bc what a horrific thing to not only be raped but then have that choice to be made about what to do with the rapist's baby! Unimaginable to me. And yet it happens. I do not want pig headed men who will claim that my rape was not "legitimate" bc if it were a legitimate rape my body would have natural defenses to ward of getting pregnant. At the risk of sounding like a 13 yr old, "Are you for real?!" Bizarre
Again, I am an avid supporter of adoption and I think that the education on adoptions and the data and personal experiences of healthy and positive adoptions need to be readily available to young girls and women facing such a decision. I would much rather a teenage pregnancy end with a beautiful picture of a baby being a gift to a wonderful family, than to have that young woman live with the decision she made to abort the baby--let alone that life which could have been. But for women who have been raped...we are talking about a completely different scenario in which this Missouri elected official is too pig headed to even comprehend. I believe they deserve to have all choices in the matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment