Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How I feel Romney has changed in order to be Rep Candidate:

                              In the DNC you heard a lot that implied that Romney does not have the integrity he claims. I feel like his past is pretty squeaky clean...though some things can be seen as unpatriotic and or questionable ways of growing his wealth. I kinda feel like he is a little greedy. But not necessarily greedy for wealth. He is greedy for Presidency.  Sure he loves money...but he has done well to make his money--I don't necessarily agree with how he made it---by putting others out of jobs and profiting on businesses that fail.  Nevertheless what he did was not illegal.
                              But speaking of business I would like to compare Romney with someone I once worked with. We will call her "Pat." Pat was well respected at our place of business. She was redeemed by others as being a devoted Mormon. Then I came. My boss transferred me to Pat's location, when my boss was reassigned there. I took this as a compliment, and it was closer to home, so it seemed like a great idea. Upon my arrival I was pegged as unqualified, too young, etc by Pat and her "followers." It was months of constant back and forth in which Pat would claim I did something I did not, or would try to point out "failures" of mine and ways in which she herself would do the job better. Nevertheless, my boss stood by me and knew the truth. In retrospect I was too NICE. I wish I would have called her out, but I didn't want to make a reason for her and others to not like me. I continued to be polite and respectful, and for that I am proud of myself. I did finally have enough with the lies, however, and I told Pat that if she has issues with my work to come directly to me instead of going around my back and up to my boss. For a while it stopped. I felt relieved. Then I went on maternity leave. And it started again, but with a different approach. A whole conspiracy theory broke out. Pat had somehow talked one of my employees into doing the dirty work for her and she would tell lies to my boss about my work ethic, my training of her, etc. Luckily I had documentation to back up my word and a good track record. This supervisor who worked for me also requested Pat become her manager instead of me. Cheap shots considering I was on maternity leave and was not there to defend myself. My boss had me come in and we talked about it. Not once was my boss wavered (to my knowledge). She told me Pat always wanted my job and was against me from the beginning bc my boss had me transferred to fill the position she wanted. Others, who were not members of my church also mentioned to me that she was acting out of character, and that she used to be such a kind and religious person, but somehow she let work place politics become her priority.
            You may have figured it out that Pat in this scenario is Romney. I am worried that Romney has lost sight of the important things and even though his hands have only smudges on them, he has allowed others to get buckets of blood on their hands. He has allowed getting elected become more important than his integrity. He lets others do the dirty work just like Pat had my supervisor under my management do the dirty work for her. I have many personal experiences with others who basically trod their values and people who stand for those values under their hooves in order to get the end goal. It is unfortunate and disappointing to witness. Romney has made mistakes by allowing others to engage in deceitful acts with advertising, speeches, and all the lies we have seen over the past several weeks. I understand that politics is not a place for civilized men to engage in unbiased and unselfish work in order to do the greater good...oh wait! It should be! But no people lie and cheat just like children at recess playing school yard games. It is sad. But what is even more sad to me is to see Romney get lost in the middle of it.
                      At the DNC there was a fair share of exaggeration...but I only found one lie thus far: the one in which it was claimed that insurers will pay a refund if 50% of premiums are not used...but it is really 80%.
So beside the fact that I cannot currently wrap my mind around the Republican platform and the ideals and values they say they stand for, but actions indicate they do not; and beside the fact that I am aligned about 75-80% with Democrats...I still was hoping for more from Romney. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe he would prove to have backbone and integrity to speak up for what is right.
                    Remember McCain when that elderly woman said she was fearful of Obama and the fact that his was a Muslim---or something along those lines---and how McCain immediately dismissed her comment and said he was a good man? I have NEVER heard that from Romney. The Democrats have said it over and over...that Romney is a good man, he is a good father and husband, his tithing is remarkable and respectable. He has received all of that...but when people still question Obama's birth location what does Romney do? He uses it by saying, "Nobody questions where I was born!" Character. It is lacking with Romney.
4 more years....please!
***Update. I am finding more and more lies directly from Romney...so he definitely has blood on his hands. Clear cut election in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment