Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How I see it...Foreign Policy

First of all I agree with this statement on CNN regarding Romney's quick to attack comments on the recent embassy attacks:
Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg of New Jersey said he stands with the Obama administration in condemning the attacks and offering condolences to the affected families, but pointed to Romney's comments as undermining the country on an international stage.
"At a time when we should be standing together against these senseless acts of violence, Mitt Romney offered an atrocious political response that undermines our unity in the face of threats to Americans around the world," said Lautenberg in a statement about the attacks.

I feel like Romney is clueless. I don't mean to be disrespectful...hear me out. I think that he has no idea that the people advising him are corrupt. They are wrong...they are disturbing. They are scary. He needs a new team. He blindly follows his campaign team and advice...and I plan to find out who these people are. We need to know their names....for future candidates...to know who not to trust. I do not think that Romney is a selfish or evil person. I think he likes himself...but is he this stage seeker? To gain a vote at any costs? It seems to everyone else that he is. Maybe now I am being naive, but I don't think it is the candidate, it is his team...bc I think he is clueless...but what is worse?  There is no way this man (Romney) could handle being President. On the other hand....maybe he does inform himself...maybe he does know the facts and yet he chooses to use these embassy attacks as a means to divide the country further and to try to "one up" the President. Sad. Either way...it is sad to me. Sad that a grown man should ever allow himself to allow people around him decide important factors when trying to become the leader of the free world. And sad if this man whom I do have the bond of religion with...the unspoken Mormon bond and understanding....would stoop so low...and would use the death of others as a political stage. Is anyone else thinking about the Book of Mormon when the Nephites allow for Gadianton robbers to be a part of their government...just saying. :) I again say, I do not believe it is Romney who is corrupt...but his campaign team.

(Are you confused...Get the facts...click here). The embassy was trying to defuse the crowds for fear of it getting out of control...and released a statement condemning the hatred shown (but not naming the film about)...in addition the statements were changed after the attacks were made and included that the attacks were also condemned. Furthermore, the Ambassador was in Washington and did not sign off on those statements. Obama did not make a statement before Romney was so quick to attack.

Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee, said Wednesday while departing an intelligence briefing that Romney's comments were "about as inappropriate as anything I've ever seen at this kind of moment" calling on the GOP candidate to apologize.
"They are flat wrong. They demonstrate an insensitivity and a lack of judgment about what is happening now," said Kerry. "To make those kinds of statements before you even know the facts, before families have even been notified, before things have played out, is really not just inexperienced, it's irresponsible, it's callous, it's reckless. And I think he ought to apologize and I don't think he knows what he's talking about frankly. It's that simple."

 I think that is just it...Romney did not know what he was talking about. Again, Obama is the right man for foreign policy. When he doesn't have the facts...he gets the facts! He doesn't base his firm statements of foreign policy on hearsay from a political staff hired to get him elected. Obama leads in way that I respect. He does not as he said in criticism of Romney's quick attacks, "shoot first and aim later" as Romney does. He is very thoughtful and direct. He makes direct and important...even risky decisions when he needs to. As with the way in which they pursued and took down Bin Laden. It was risky, but he weighed the options and he was decisive and it paid off. He is the leader I will back up...and how can anyone argue that Romney has any ability in foreign diplomacy or foreign policy!?
     Romney you made us miss a chance at coming together and becoming not Republican-Americans, not Democratic-Americans....but simply Americans....united when there was a hateful attack on our country.
We should be coming together....we should be saying "a man of ours and our embassy was attacked!"  Let us come together. Don't try to divide us bc it is your chance for a campaign soundbite! That is selfish. You asked for the backlash you have received...don't think you can regain ground on foreign policy...stick with your economy platform of smoke and mirrors.  Many Republicans have distanced themselves from these statements made by Romney...Can I get a Republican party and a Democratic party "Amen?!"

3 comments:

  1. I vote naive.

    Here is a little ditty about Obama's vast foreign policy experience prior to him becoming president.

    "To counter opponents’ accusations that he lacks experience in foreign policy, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois often cites his ties to relatives in poor villages in Kenya and the years he spent growing up in Indonesia. Now he has added a new personal detail to that résumé: a trip to Pakistan while a college student." (2008 New York Times article)

    No doubt Obama had a learning curve in this area too. I would agree that Romneys comments seemed to come a bit out of order and without all of the facts.

    But before we judge and say Romney or his people are a bunch if hack jobs via a long winded post riddled with references from Dems and a CNN article that was an op-Ed piece written by a democrat, not a news article, you may wanna take a walk down memory lane in 2008 as Obama had to learn some lessons from the school of hard knocks in foreign policy. Happy to give some examples if we need a refresher course. But, Obama has certainly grown his resume from the quite impressive Pakistan college trip, Kenyan relatives and adolescent years in Indonesia! Aren't we all so proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure he lacked in experience...but not in tact. And he also was not putting his foot in his mouth at the Olympics...probably the easiest place to be a politician and be able to say things without being hated for it. Romney just doesn't get foreign policy! Obama lacked experience but not knowledge.
      Do you support Romney's choice then? That he chose to gain campaign traction while others were more focused on Americans (regardless of their political party or the race they are in)?
      Side note: I only used that link bc I didn't feel like searching for another...and I like CNN. Plus, I wanted to give them credit for the quotes I used from that CNN article. But choose who ye may...you will find the same truths in the other articles...that Romney mis-spoke...he tried to take advantage of a tragic situation and he should think before he speaks.
      I don't dislike Romney...I just think he is looking really shady to Americans...and I actually am harder on him that I think I would be if he wasn't Mormon. But I think he should be at a higher standard bc I know what values he should have!
      They wanted to be the first to say something about the attacks, so they could say, "We said it first." Well, it backfired this time, huh?
      I would forgive him it, too --if he just apologized! How many times has Biden apologized for his slip ups?! Just man up! And say you were wrong! I haven't seen it yet. That shows poor character, too. I feel like he is kinda forgetting what his Mom told him when he would leave the house growing up.... "Remember who you are!" :)Mormon culture...isn't it fun to poke fun at?! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! Gotcha! I didn't see the "I vote naive" thing you said. Sorry, I missed it somehow.

    ReplyDelete